- The Five-Paragraph Model is a technology for clearly communicating ideas.
- The model begins with a clear statement of the main idea.
- Subsequent paragraphs develop and explain this idea; making it clearly understandable.
- Each paragraph ends with a linking sentence to provide a fluid reading experience.
- In summary, the Five-Paragraph Model clearly communicates your main idea: your thesis.
Monday, October 20, 2014
Lexical Links: Student Example
A strong use (a clear use) of lexical links in the 5-¶ Model, courtesy of Gurkaran Padam & Ben Moerman (Civil Engineering, 2014).